Sunday, May 8, 2011

DAY 14 Great Bend,KS to Abilene,KS 129 MILES 1,100 FT CLIMBING

Hi everone another day in Kansas and what a day it was.129 miles with a constant side/headwind needless to say a very hard day in the saddle.We rode through amazing pastures that went on forever the grass blew in the wind ,and it looked like oceans.Every town we went through was more deserted then the next just crazy we kept saying to each other were is every one? One more day in Kansas,hopefully not so windy well time to ice my body lol it has turned into a nightly ritule.Who thought rideing a bike could be so hard on the body LOL,not really having a great time and meeting all kinds of great people.Talk to you tommorow thanx MANNY:)

3 comments:

  1. OUT of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

    Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

    William Ernest Henley

    HANG IN THERE, ERIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” Ben Franklin

    Keep pounding, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Manny - So proud of you. Miss you at the gym. Taught my first class last week. YEH Keep up the awesome adventure you are taking.

    ReplyDelete